Friday, September 17, 2021

How To Buy A Planet by D.A. Holdsworth

  Click the image to add to your Goodreads shelf  

Thank you to the author for the opportunity to read and review this book.

In the aftermath of the pandemic, the worlds leaders have taken drastic measures to reduce everyone's debt. They have decided to sell the planet.

When Toby and his flat mates find out, they are shocked at how adorable the alien who bought the planet is and that they say they will be able to create a debt free future. Just as they were about to celebrate, they meet a mysterious professor who reveals what is really going on. But there is a problem: the Earth is going to be wiped out.

What I liked about this book

  • A fast paced and entertaining story with lots of twists.
  • The concept is extremely original. I haven’t come across anything of its like before.
  • Within each chapter, the focus changes across characters to give a clear understanding of what is happening at the same time across different locations.
  • I particularly enjoyed reading the description of how the characters move between planets.

What I didn't like

  • I was sometimes confused by the banking terminology. I had to search the internet to understand what was being discussed.
  • I would have liked to understand a bit more about both Toby and Mrs B.
For some reason when I was reading this I kept picturing a young Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as Toby and Paranoid Dave? I would be interested in finding out what happens after this book finishes and how the world would cope. I would recommend this book to anyone who like sci-fi comedy.

3.75 stars

✮✮✮✭

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts